”Team

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Well here is a blast from the past. I made this Vest back in Highschool, mmmm year 9 to be exact. It was a project for design & tech. Its made from Silk which was white & I hand painted using silk paints. The inner is taffita (think thats what its called anway).


But yes here it is, one of my first sewing creations. Actually except I am not sure where it is right at this moment (in the middle of packing to move) I do still have the first thing I ever made on a sewing machine. It was a dress for my doll. I would have been 10 or11 I think when I made it. I also have the dolls I made for my major in year 10. I did a 5 decade timeline of clothes so I had 5 dolls all that I made & each one wore clothing that I again made that was fromt eh 50's 60's 70's, 80's & 90's. I am pretty sure I gave 2 to my sister, the 70's & the 90's i think. Or maybe I never finished the 90's one. Anyway once I have them out I will post a pic of those too.
Here is the Vest. It really needs to be ironed but anyway..




When is was Finished I remember our class having to get up in front of the whole school to show our work. I was very embarrised when the headmaster held mine up & said she would expect to pay upwards of $50 for it. Mine was the only one she pulled out & made point of. So a proud moment but I was embarrised none the less.

No comments: