”Team

Saturday, April 12, 2008

RIP chookies

:( Yesterday what I can only assume was a fox, took our chickens. Rainbow is missing & Blue was frightened to death.

The boys took it really well but its so sad. I was so worried of this happening. I was keeping them in a small pet pen by the front of the house so (so I thought) they would be safe from any fox that might try & get them, I didn't think a fox would come up so close to the house. During the middle of the day I might add. During the night I was bringing them inside. At first i kicked myself for not putting the "lid" on top of the pen but I know that wouldn't have made a difference to the out come.
Chickens are very easily frightened to death & this is what would have happened anyway.

If it wasn't for one being missing I would have no idea what happened. So at least I can assume a fox is the culprit.

Not sure if I want to get any more. I really like chickens & ducks & I don't want to keep providing the fox with a free meal.

No comments: