”Team

Sunday, January 10, 2010

I have an urge....

Do you ever get a feeling that you need to do something. The need to write it down, draw it, make it...
I love to sew. That's my thing. I make stuff. I can just sit at my machine as basic as it is & make something. It might not work out as I planned but I enjoyed the time in front of the machine putting together what I could see in my head. Usually with out a pattern. Just the last few days I have made an apron & nightie for Isla. The other week I made a pouch sling, which I didn't like so then turned into a really funky layered circle skirt for Isla (Isla gets a lot of what I make).

But

There is something more. Today it struck me again. Driving home I was in awe of the clouds forming in the sky. Big fat white puffy ones. I think I want/need to take photos. I don't have the foggiest idea of how to really use my basic 5 mega pixel camera. Its almost 4 years old & has features that I really don't know how to use. But there is something in there that wants to come out. Another creative outlet. I think its photography. Scenery to be exact. The Clouds, the tress, the stunning cliff faces of the gorge as I drive along Bells Line of Road towards Lithgow. I never tier of looking out at those Cliff faces.
I love taking photos of the kids too. But what parent doesn't. I think I am getting good at it too. But I love capturing those moments when they are not looking. Simon thinks I like to take weird photos. Or more that I like the ones of the backs of people. But to me I am capturing a moment that's not posed. Its pure & honest....

I can't afford a new flashy camera so I will make do with my old 5 mega pixel camera. But I will try & learn how to make the most with it & how to use photo shop for more then resizing. I don't have time to enrol in a photography course, unless they don't mind my little kids tagging along :P.

But there is an urge & I will find a way to satisfy it.

No comments: