”Team

Monday, April 2, 2007

That Scar







Well I was bord & thought I would write about that scar I have on my leg.
When I was about 8 or 9, I was roller skating out on the street, well the footpath near a friends place. Being the silly 9 yr old that I was, we pulled the Donut man over ( like the icecream man, "Mr Whippy", but he sold donuts). For some stupid reason I thought it would be a good Idea to hang on to the side of the van, I lent in through the window on the side & just dangled from there as the driver moved the van forward. I can't really remember how far we went, I know it was only a metre or two. Anyway, my skate cought the edge of the rear wheel & I fell. I am pretty sure the van actually ran over my foot as the axel on my skate was broken. Also my little toe was sore for weeks & weeks after. I can't really remember any other injuries other then the sore toe & the great big sore down the front if my right shin. Actually I don't think the wound was orginally as bad as the scar makes it look. But you see I have 2 older sisters. Two older sisters who like to pick scabs & who like to get their little sister to do things one normally wouldn't do. So this sore would heal over & scab up & it would get picked, either by me or by one of them. So it took along time for this thing to heal.

I never told my mum exactly how I did it. For years I stuck to the story that I studded on a rock while skating & when I fell I hit the edge of the gutter & thats how I got such a nasty sore. As far as I knew this is what my mum believed untill I was about 15 & my older sister Elizabeth decided it would be fun to sit around & have a laugh about all the "naughty" things we had done growing up. That was all fine & good for her as she had already moved out! I didn't get into trouble but I don't think mum was overly impressed!
Well for my own stupidity this is what I have to show for it! Its about 7 cm long & the main part at the top is about 1.5 cm wide.

No comments: